Wednesday, August 8, 2012

July 22nd Part 2

We traveled the rest of the day to Arizona.  After of course my mom panicked and when entering the freeway and said "Which way do we go?  North or South??"  She was getting short-tempered with the dogs, especially Pixie, and her whining.  My mom threatened "just take a frickin chill pill or i'll give ya a pain pill" to sedate the animal.

Because I have been in school and so busy with everything, so I haven't been able to keep up with the news.  On the drive, my mom was concerned about the smog/smoke/etc in the sky.  It looked fine to me.  This is the conversation that transpired:

Me: Is that fire still burning in Colorado? (Nothing to do with the "questionable" sky)
Mom: Yeah, it's a Mega Fire.
Me: Hmm...okay
Mom: Look at the smoke!
Me: We're in Cedar City

My mom thought that there was smoke from the fire in Colorado... in Cedar City.

The dogs began whining, a sign my mother explained that we needed to stop and walk them.

Me: Mom... I just walked them.
Mom: Well, they were not walked properly.

Bobby ventured off and sniffed what appeared to be human poop.  My mother said to him "Bobby!  What the hell is wrong with you? Get out of that!"
At the same moment, a car exited the interstate and a questionable-looking man got out.  My mom said to me "Wonder what that guy is gonna do.  Take a big old dump?"

Stopping often for the dogs really slowed the trip down.  My mom's take on it was "We'll be like the pioneers, took us a month to get there because we had to stop every 5 miles."

My mom also had her opinion on Joe Paterno and the scandal at Penn State:
"Fraterno...he could have been the hero"

Her other opinions have support:
"I'm basing what I'm about to say off of what I've heard on the History Channel"
"He was highly educated, highly smart"


No comments:

Post a Comment