Monday, August 6, 2012

July 22nd Part 1

The night before we found a "cozy" if you will Super 8 Motel to stay in in Southern Utah.  My mother was less than pleased, especially since there was an "A-rab" who checked us in at the front desk.  All I really care about when it comes to hotels is whether or not there was a free breakfast.  My mother was convinced there was not a complementary continental breakfast at the hotel.  And if there was, she was convinced it would not be worth eating.  Hmm.  So that Sunday morning when I woke up, before saying "Good Morning" or "How are you", my mother interrupted my prayers (literally) by exclaiming "If you eat that food down there you'll get frickin food poisoning from the frickin A-rabs." And she was serious.  So I got my prepackaged yogurt and asked if she thought i would get food poisoning from the A-rab prepackaged food.  She was less than pleased and declined comment.  I however was not hungry and freaking freezing, because the AC was on in the room and it was 60 degrees.  All night.

We made our way to church.  Right before the closing hymn, this is the conversation we exchanged:

Mom: Would you feel bad if we left?
Me: It's up to you.
Mom: No, it's okay, I'll feel bad.
Me: Okay.
2 people get up to leave.
Mom: Oh forget it, let's go!

We promptly went to the McDonald's drive-thru, since the A-rabs didn't have a Sausage Egg and Cheese McMuffin for my mother.

When we got back to the hotel, while my mom finished her McMuffin, I walked her dogs.  While they were pooping she said "Oh great, I hope we're not going to need a sink" What?! A sink... what the...

No comments:

Post a Comment